Your Military Discharge should be brought to the Recorder of Deeds of the county you live in to be recorded. Be sure to have Member 1 and Member 4 Forms for recording. (The Member # should be at the bottom right hand corner of your document.)

There is no fee for recording your Military Discharge. There is no fee for providing a veteran with a copy of his/her Discharge. If original recorded Discharge is lost, a certified copy can be obtained in our office.

Recorded Discharges and the Index Books for Discharges are not available to the public for on-site inspection or copy purchase.

To request a copy of a Discharge, a RAM 59.480 form must be filled out, signed by the requestor and notarized. This form can be printed from this site, filled out and mailed in or you may come to our office to request a copy. Download form here: Request for Military Discharge Papers